- Define what value means for your work, find or create a relevant framework and support network/ quizzical friend
- Be conscious of who you work with – interrogate and educate your supply chain, clients and partners
- Focus on fit for purpose design, keep it simple, buy only what you need and think circular
- Reduce energy consumption and switch to green energy/hosting
- Put your money where it doesn’t do bad – banks, pensions etc
Declare and share
- Publicise your short term and longer-term sustainability goals, reflect them in every meeting and project
- Be transparent about your progress and the process with your sector, your community and beyond
- Use your creativity to engage people emotionally with your narrative as it develops
- Track deeds, not words, celebrate improvements rather than perfection!
Lead by example
- Challenge the brief, encourage action and call out greenwashing or misinformation
- Collaborate inclusively, take one step beyond your current echo chamber
- Creating change will no doubt be uncomfortable at times, what are you willing to give up?
- Be open, honest and truthful to your values, make time for others’ perspectives
- Take time to look outward beyond your day to day life and build in periods of reflection
Start now and be bold!
Share the Charter 🌍
Share how you are activating the Sustainable Creative Charter with the hashtag #sustainablecreativecharter